PCdepartment Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Personal data means information about a living individual, and does not apply to information we hold about limited companies or other corporate bodies. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is PCdepartment Limited of Unit 27, Samson House, Arterial Road, Laindon, Essex, SS15 6DR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process data about you which may include but not be limited to the following:
• Information that you provide by filling in online / registration documents and other forms whether that is in writing or on our website www.pcdepartment.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, posting material or ordering further goods.
• Information in communications between us, including correspondence, email and notes of meetings and telephone conversations.
• Details of transactions between us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and cookies
Where available, we may collect information about your computer for system administration, which may include but not be limited to your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests
• To recognise you when you return to our website.
PCdepartment Limited also use Google Analytics to help analyse the usage of this site. Google Analytics uses "cookie" technology as described above and the information generated (including the IP address) will be transmitted to and stored on Google servers within the United States. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' usage of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for PCdepartment Limited.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where:
• they are required to do so by law.
• third parties process the information on Google's behalf
Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google
PCdepartment Limited will not (and will not allow any third party) use Google Analytics to track or collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifiable information from any other source as part of our use of Google Analytics.
By using this website you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. Neither PCdepartment Limited nor Google will link, or seek to link an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you for various purposes which may include but not be limited to the following:
• To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
• To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have told us you do not want to receive that information
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We will not permit any third parties to use your data.
We only issue e-mail marketing messages to opt-in subscribers. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive email marketing information from us contact us at email@example.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.